[Gluster-users] does your samba work with 4.1.x (centos 7.5)

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:50:33 UTC 2018

> Thanks for explaining the issue.
>
> I understand that you are experiencing hang while doing some operations on files/directories in a
> GlusterFS volume share from a Windows client. For simplicity can you attach the output of following
> command:
>
> # gluster volume info <volume>
> # testparm -s --section-name global

gluster v status export
Status of volume: export
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick 10.0.1.7:/bricks/hdds/brick           49153     0          Y       2540
Brick 10.0.1.6:/bricks/hdds/brick           49153     0          Y       2800
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y       2912
Self-heal Daemon on 10.0.1.6                N/A       N/A        Y       3107
Self-heal Daemon on 10.0.1.5                N/A       N/A        Y       5877

Task Status of Volume export
There are no active volume tasks

# gluster volume info export

Volume Name: export
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: b4353b3f-6ef6-4813-819a-8e85e5a95cff
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.0.1.7:/bricks/hdds/brick
Brick2: 10.0.1.6:/bricks/hdds/brick
Options Reconfigured:
diagnostics.brick-log-level: INFO
diagnostics.client-log-level: INFO
performance.cache-max-file-size: 256MB
client.event-threads: 5
server.event-threads: 5
cluster.readdir-optimize: on
cluster.lookup-optimize: on
performance.io-cache: on
performance.io-thread-count: 64
nfs.disable: on
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
performance.cache-size: 10GB
server.allow-insecure: on
transport.address-family: inet
performance.cache-samba-metadata: on
features.cache-invalidation-timeout: 600
performance.md-cache-timeout: 600
features.cache-invalidation: on
performance.cache-invalidation: on
network.inode-lru-limit: 65536
performance.cache-min-file-size: 0
performance.stat-prefetch: on
cluster.server-quorum-ratio: 51%

I had sent you the full smb.conf, so no need to run testparm -s
--section-name global, please reference:
http://termbin.com/y4j0

> > This is the test samba share exported using vfs object = glusterfs:
> >
> > [vfsgluster]
> >    path = /vfsgluster
> >    browseable = yes
> >    create mask = 660
> >    directory mask = 770
> >    write list = @Staff
> >    kernel share modes = No
> >    vfs objects = glusterfs
> >    glusterfs:loglevel = 7
> >    glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-vfsgluster.log
> >    glusterfs:volume = export
>
> Since you have mentioned path as /vfsgluster I hope you are sharing a subdirectory under root of the
> volume.

Yes, vfsgluster is a directory at the root of the export volume. It is
also currently mounted in /export so that the rest of the files can be
exported via samba with fuse mounts:

# mount | grep export
10.0.1.7:/export on /export type fuse.glusterfs
(rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,max_read=131072)

# ls -ld /export/vfsgluster
drwxrws---. 4 dijuremo Staff 4096 Nov 12 20:24 /export/vfsgluster

> > Full smb.conf
> > http://termbin.com/y4j0
>
> I see the "clustering" parameter set to 'yes'. How many nodes are there in the cluster? Out of those
> how many are running as samba and/or gluster nodes?

There are a total of 3 gluster peers, but only two have bricks. The
other is just present, but not even configured as an arbiter. Two of
the nodes with bricks run ctdb and samba.

> > /var/log/samba/glusterfs-vfsgluster.log
> > http://termbin.com/5hdr
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.
>
> Are there any errors in /var/log/samba/log.<IP/hostname>? IP/hostname = Windows client machine

I do not currently have the log file directive enabled in smb.conf, I
would have to enable it. Do you need me to repeat the process with it?

Diego