[Gluster-users] does your samba work with 4.1.x (centos 7.5)

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:03:35 UTC 2018

Yes it works if you use fuse mount

No it does not work well if you use:    vfs objects = glusterfs

The samba comes directly from CentOS repository.

Gluster comes from SIG 3.10.12

# rpm -qa | grep centos-release-gluster
centos-release-gluster310-1.0-1.el7.centos.noarch

# yum info samba
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, verify
* base: reflector.westga.edu
* extras: reflector.westga.edu
* updates: reflector.westga.edu
Installed Packages
Name        : samba
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 4.7.1
Release     : 6.el7
Size        : 1.9 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : base
Summary     : Server and Client software to interoperate with Windows machines
URL         : http://www.samba.org/
License     : GPLv3+ and LGPLv3+
Description : Samba is the standard Windows interoperability suite of
programs for Linux and
           : Unix.

# yum info glusterfs-server
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, verify
* base: reflector.westga.edu
* extras: reflector.westga.edu
* updates: reflector.westga.edu
Installed Packages
Name        : glusterfs-server
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.10.12
Release     : 1.el7
Size        : 4.3 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : centos-gluster310
Summary     : Distributed file-system server
URL         : http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
License     : GPLv2 or LGPLv3+
Description : GlusterFS is a distributed file-system capable of
scaling to several
           : petabytes. It aggregates various storage bricks over
Infiniband RDMA
           : or TCP/IP interconnect into one large parallel network file
           : system. GlusterFS is one of the most sophisticated file systems in
           : terms of features and extensibility.  It borrows a powerful concept
           : called Translators from GNU Hurd kernel. Much of the code
in GlusterFS
           : is in user space and easily manageable.
           :
           : This package provides the glusterfs server daemon.

Diego