[Gluster-users] resetted node peers OK but say no volume

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 01:12:36 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 20:40, fsoyer <fsoyer at systea.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
> after some problems on a node it finished by been marked as "rejected" by
> others nodes.
> It is part of no more volumes (after some remove-brick force), so I
> resetted it as described here :
>
> https://staged-gluster-docs.readthedocs.io/en/release3.7.0beta1/Administrator%20Guide/Resolving%20Peer%20Rejected/
> All seems to work fine, now it sees others peers and others peers see it
> "in cluster" and connected, OK. But it has not reimported the volumes infos
>
> # gluster volume info
> No volumes present
>

> when there is up to 5 volumes handles by the 2 other peers.
> How can I recover volumes informations on this node ? (without issues or
> downtime on others hosts as they are used in production)

Are you sure peer status output reports connected (and not rejected) for
all peers when this command is run across all the peers?

If yes, this is strange. If restarting glusterd on the problematic peer
doesn’t fix this problem we need to investigate it. Dump of
/var/lib/glusterd for all peers along with glusterd log files from all the
nodes would be needed to initiate the analysis.

> Thanks
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> *Frank*