[Gluster-users] gluster volume status under FreeBSD 11.1

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:10:37 UTC 2018

Hello,

I guess this has nothing to do with GlusterFS per se however any tips
would be greatly appreciated.

The issue is that executing 'gluster volume status' under FreeBSD 11.1
results in no data although functionality wise everything is working
fine:

# gluster volume status

Status of volume: gvol0
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick srv-smtp-01:/mnt/da1/brick1/gvol0     N/A       N/A        N       N/A
Brick srv-smtp-02:/mnt/da1/brick2/gvol0     N/A       N/A        N       N/A
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        N       1225
Self-heal Daemon on srv-smtp-02             N/A       N/A        N       604

Task Status of Volume gvol0
There are no active volume tasks

As far as I understood 'gluster volume status' relies on RDMA which
doesn't seem to be detected during compilation (tested with 3.13.2):

checking for ibv_get_device_list in -libverbs... no
checking for rdma_create_id in -lrdmacm... no

GlusterFS configure summary
===========================
Infiniband verbs     : no

And from the logs:

E [rpc-transport.c:283:rpc_transport_load] 0-rpc-transport: Cannot
open "/usr/local/lib/glusterfs/3.13.2/rpc-transport/rdma.so"
W [rpc-transport.c:287:rpc_transport_load] 0-rpc-transport: volume
'rdma.management': transport-type 'rdma' is not valid or not found on
this machine

You mentioned that you run periodic builds for FreeBSD 10.3, hence I
was wondering whether you observe the same behavior under 10.3 or it's
something specific to 11.1?

Many thanks.