[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, April 2018

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Mon May 7 15:26:17 UTC 2018

Announcing mountpoint, August 27-28, 2018
Our inaugural software-defined storage conference combining Gluster,
Ceph and other projects! More details at:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-May/034039.html
CFP at: http://mountpoint.io/

Out of cycle updates for all maintained Gluster versions: New updates
for 3.10, 3.12 and 4.0
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/announce/2018-April/000098.html

Project Technical Leadership Council Announced
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/announce/2018-April/000094.html

Gluster and Red Hat Summit:
Gluster’s pairing with oVirt in Community Central - come by!

Talks: (links to recordings provided in May newsletter)
Gluster Colonizer with Ansible: A hands-on workshop:
https://agenda.summit.redhat.com/SessionDetail.aspx?id=154077
Container-native storage and Red Hat Gluster Storage roadmap:
https://agenda.summit.redhat.com/SessionDetail.aspx?id=153766
Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Your open hyperconverged solution
https://agenda.summit.redhat.com/SessionDetail.aspx?id=153974

Red Hat Summit: Community Happy Hour
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 (6:30pm - 7:30pm)
https://rhsummithappyhour.eventbrite.com/

Want swag for your meetup? https://www.gluster.org/events/ has a
contact form for us to let us know about your Gluster meetup! We’d
love to hear about Gluster presentations coming up, conference talks
and gatherings. Let us know!

Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat, Comcast, DataLab, Gentoo Linux,
Facebook, BioDec, Samsung
Top Contributors in April: Nigel Babu, Nithya Balachandran,
Shyamsundar Ranganathan, Xavi Hernandez, Kotresh HR, Pranith Kumar
Karampuri

Noteworthy threads:
[Gluster-users] Proposal to make Design Spec and Document for a
feature mandatory.
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-April/033799.html
[Gluster-users] Gluster's proposal to adopt GPL cure enforcement
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-April/033954.html
[Gluster-devel] tendrl-release v1.6.3 (milestone-5 2018) is available
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-April/054755.html

Upcoming CFPs:
Mountpoint:
CFP closes June 15th