[Gluster-users] Kernel NFS on GlusterFS

Ben Mason benjaminamason at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:50:12 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm designing a 2-node, HA NAS that must support NFS. I had planned on
using GlusterFS native NFS until I saw that it is being deprecated. Then, I
was going to use GlusterFS + NFS-Ganesha until I saw that the Ganesha HA
support ended after 3.10 and its replacement is still a WIP. So, I landed
on GlusterFS + kernel NFS + corosync & pacemaker, which seems to work quite
well. Are there any performance issues or other concerns with using
GlusterFS as a replication layer and kernel NFS on top of that?

Thanks!