[Gluster-users] gluster for home directories?

Rik Theys Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Mar 7 18:38:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 2018-03-07 16:35, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Why do you need to replace your existing solution?
> If you don't need to scale out due to the capacity reasons, the async
> NFS server will always outperform GlusterFS

The current solution is 8 years old and is reaching its end of life.

The reason we are also looking into gluster is that we like that it uses
standard components and that we can prevent forklift upgrades every
5,6,7 years by replacing a few bricks each year. Next to providing
storage for home directories we would like to also use the hosts to run
VM's in a hyperconverged setup (with their storage as an additional
gluster volume on those bricks).

Regards,

Rik

--