[Gluster-users] Write speed of gluster volume reduced

Sherin George allmyforums at outlook.in
Tue Mar 6 12:40:11 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

I have a gluster volume with the following configuration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number of Bricks: 9
Transport-type: tcp

Hot Tier :
Hot Tier Type : Replicate
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3

Cold Tier:
Cold Tier Type : Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2 x 3 = 6

performance.flush-behind: on
performance.cache-max-file-size: 128MB
performance.cache-size: 25GB

diagnostics.count-fop-hits: off
diagnostics.latency-measurement: off
cluster.tier-mode: cache
features.ctr-enabled: on
transport.address-family: inet
nfs.disable: on
performance.client-io-threads: off

Without write cache, bricks in hot tier got around 1.5 GB/s write speed and bricks in cold tier got 700 MB/s. However, I am getting only around 35 MB/s write speed in gluster volume mounted in glusterfs.

I checked and confirmed that I can get network throughput as much as 1.4 Gbits/sec.

The volume had around 175 MB/s write speed initially, however, speed reduced as more data stored in the volume. I also implemented a second volume with similar configuration, and I am getting write speed around 175 MB/s again.

Could someone please advise on what could be done to improve write speed.

Is NFS Ganesha a solution to improve write speed?

Thanks in advance.
--
Kind Regards,
Sherin