[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.0: RC1 tagged

Javier Romero xavinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:05:39 UTC 2018

Hi Shyam,

> On 02/28/2018 07:25 AM, Javier Romero wrote:
>> This one fails http://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/1548/311548/centos-release-gluster40-0.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
>>
>> # yum install -y
>> https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/gluster-4.0/glusterfs-4.0.0-0.1.rc1.el7.x86_64.rpm
>
> Thanks Javier.
>
> Isn't this what you intended though?
>
> yum upgrade --enablerepo=centos-gluster40-test glusterfs-server

Works ok now:

# systemctl start glusterd

# systemctl status glusterd
● glusterd.service - GlusterFS, a clustered file-system server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/glusterd.service; disabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-03-05 11:02:38 -03; 2s ago
  Process: 31895 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/glusterd -p /var/run/glusterd.pid
--log-level $LOG_LEVEL $GLUSTERD_OPTIONS (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 31896 (glusterd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/glusterd.service
           └─31896 /usr/sbin/glusterd -p /var/run/glusterd.pid --log-level INFO
Mar 05 11:02:38 centos-7 systemd[1]: Starting GlusterFS, a clustered
file-system server...
Mar 05 11:02:38 centos-7 systemd[1]: Started GlusterFS, a clustered
file-system server.

# glusterd -V
glusterfs 4.0.0rc1
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.org/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 Red Hat, Inc. <https://www.gluster.org/>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed to you under your choice of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 3 or any later version (LGPLv3
or later), or the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2),
in all cases as published by the Free Software Foundation.

> Basically the test repository is the on with the bits at this point in
> time, and it looks like you have an older version installed, hence
> attempting to upgrade.
>
> If you could try this and let us know what you see, it would be helpful.
> Also, I guess I missed the instruction to use the test repository for
> this operation, my bad.
>
> I am about halfway through my own upgrade testing (using centOS7
> containers), and it is patterned around this [1], in case that helps.

Taking a look at this.