[Gluster-users] design of gluster cluster

Thing thing.thing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 23:16:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

I dont have any more hosts available.

I am a bit lost here, why a replica 3 and arbiter 1?  ie not replica2
arbiter1?   also no distributed part?  is the distributed flag
automatically assumed?    with a replica3 then there is a quorum (2 of 3)
so no arbiter is needed?   I have this running already like this so I am
assuming its robust?

I am still struggling to undersatnd the syntax, I wish the docs / examples
were better.

So on each gluster node I have an-unused 120gb data1 partition which is
left over from the OS install so the arbiter volume could go here?

in which case?

gluster volume create my-volume replica 2 arbiter 1 host1:/path/to/brick
host2:/path/to/brick (arb-)host3:/path/to/brick2   host4:/path/to/brick
host5:/path/to/brick (arb-)host6:/path/to/brick2 host3:/path/to/brick
host6:/path/to/brick (arb-)host1:/path/to/brick2

is this a sane command?

Otherwise maybe I am beginning to think I am better off doing 3 x 2TB
separate volumes.  rather interesting trying to understand this stuff...!