[Gluster-users] design of gluster cluster

Thing thing.thing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:04:14 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to understand how gluster works better than I do know and in
particular the architecture.

So I have a test configuration of 6 desktops, each has 2 x 1TB disks in a
raid 0 on an esata channel.

What I would like to do I think is a,

*Distributed-Replicated volume*

a) have 1 and 2 as raid1
b) have 4 and 5 as raid1
c) have 3 and 6 as a raid1
d) join this as concatenation 2+2+2tb

This should in theory give me 6TB as one volume?

I tried to do this and failed as it kept asking for an arbiter, which the
docs simply dont mention how to do.

So say we have,

a) have 1 and 2 as raid1 with 3 as the arbiter?
b) have 4 and 5 as raid 1 with 6 as the arbiter
c) 3 and 6 as a raid 1 with 5 as the arbiter
d) join this as concatenation 2+2+2tb

if so what is the command used to build this?

I want to bias this in particular to do the best it can as VM stores.