[Gluster-users] Current bug for VM hosting with 3.12 ?

lemonnierk at ulrar.net lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Mon Jun 11 08:44:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

Given the numerous problems we've had with setting up gluster for VM
hosting at the start, we've been staying with 3.7.15, which was the
first version to work properly.

However the repo for 3.7.15 is now down, so we've decided to give
3.12.9 a try. Unfortunatly, a few days ago, one of our nodes rebooted
and after a quick heal one of the VM wasn't in a great state. Didn't
think much of it, but I'm seeing right now other VMs doing I/O errors ..
Just like with the versions of gluster < 3.7.15, which were causing
corruption of disk images.

Are there any known bug with 3.12.9 ? Any new settings we should have
enabled but might have missed ?

Options Reconfigured:
performance.client-io-threads: off
nfs.disable: on
transport.address-family: inet
diagnostics.count-fop-hits: on
diagnostics.latency-measurement: on
network.ping-timeout: 30
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
features.shard-block-size: 64MB
features.shard: on
performance.stat-prefetch: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: enable
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
cluster.quorum-type: auto
performance.readdir-ahead: on

I haven't had the courrage to reboot the VM yet, guess I'll go do that

--
PGP Fingerprint : 0x624E42C734DAC346