[Gluster-users] glustefs as vmware datastore in production

Benjamin Kingston list at nexusnebula.net
Wed Jun 6 01:38:16 UTC 2018

You're better off exporting LUNs via iSCSI. I spent a long time trying to
get NFS to work via NFS-Ganesha as a datastore and the performance is not
there, especially since HA NFS isn't an official feature of NFS-Ganesha.

Also keep in mind your write speed is cut in half/thirds/etc... with
gluster as a VM datastore if you use replication since all writes are
multiplied.