[Gluster-users] Files not healing & missing their extended attributes - Help!

Gambit15 dougti+gluster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 18:20:16 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,
 I had to restart our datacenter yesterday, but since doing so a number of
the files on my gluster share have been stuck, marked as healing. After no
signs of progress, I manually set off a full heal last night, but after
24hrs, nothing's happened.

The gluster logs all look normal, and there're no messages about failed
connections or heal processes kicking off.

I checked the listed files' extended attributes on their bricks today, and
they only show the selinux attribute. There's none of the trusted.*
attributes I'd expect.
The healthy files on the bricks do have their extended attributes though.

I'm guessing that perhaps the files somehow lost their attributes, and
gluster is no longer able to work out what to do with them? It's not logged
any errors, warnings, or anything else out of the normal though, so I've no
idea what the problem is or how to resolve it.

I've got 16 hours to get this sorted before the start of work, Monday. Help!