[Gluster-users] Split brain directory

Karthik Subrahmanya ksubrahm at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 11:09:01 UTC 2018

Hey,

>From the getfattr output you have provided, the directory is clearly not in
split brain.
If all the bricks are being blamed by others then it is called split brain.
In your case only client-13 that is Brick-14 in the volume info output had
a pending entry heal on the directory.
That is the last replica subvol which consists of the bricks

Brick13: glusterserver03.mydomain.local:/bricks/video/brick3/safe
Brick14: glusterserver04.mydomain.local:/bricks/video/brick3/safe
Brick15: glusterserver05.mydomain.local:/bricks/video/brick3/safe (arbiter)

Which got healed as part of the heal you ran, or part of the self heal
crawl and pending xattrs got reset to all zeros.
Which file are you not able to access? Can you give the getfattr output of
that file and give the shd log
and the mount log where you were not able to access the file.

Regards,
Karthik