[Gluster-users] .glusterfs grown larger than volume content

Jorick Astrego jorick at netbulae.eu
Mon Feb 19 08:13:44 UTC 2018

On 02/16/2018 03:28 AM, Rasika Preethiraj wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I posting this email rearding the gluster issue in
> http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2016-April/026493.html
>
>  i searched this everywhere but still having no answer . we getting a
> big problem with the out of space now. Kindly help me.
>
> Rasika

Hi,

We have a client with comparable issues, currently 1.5M orphaned links
in .glusterfs.

I used this to find the orphaned links:

    find .glusterfs -type l -exec file {} \; |grep broken >
    ~/orphanedlinks.txt

Then I get all the linknames with

    cat orphanedlinks.txt |awk '{print $1}'|sed 's/://g' >
    cleanup-orphanedlinks.txt

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01