[Gluster-users] halo not work as desired!!!

atris adam atris.adam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 10:57:56 UTC 2018

I have 2 data centers in two different region, each DC have 3 severs, I
have created glusterfs volume with 4 replica, this is glusterfs volume info
output:

Volume Name: test-halo
Type: Replicate
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 4 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.0.0.1:/mnt/test1
Brick2: 10.0.0.3:/mnt/test2
Brick3: 10.0.0.5:/mnt/test3
Brick4: 10.0.0.6:/mnt/test4
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.halo-shd-max-latency: 5
cluster.halo-max-latency: 10
cluster.quorum-count: 2
cluster.quorum-type: fixed
cluster.halo-enabled: yes
transport.address-family: inet
nfs.disable: on

bricks with ip 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.3 are in region A and bricks with ip
10.0.0.5 & 10.0.0.6 are in region B

when I mount the volume in region A, I except the data first store in
brick1 & brick2, then asynchronously the data copies in region B, on brick3
& brick4.

Am I write? this is what halo claims?

If yes, unfortunately, this not happen to me, no differ I mount the volume
in region A or mount the volume in region B, all the data are copied in
brick3 & brick4 and no data copies in brick1 & brick2.

ping bricks ip from region A is as follows:
ping 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.3 are bellow  time=0.500 ms
ping 10.0.0.5 & 10.0.0.6 are more than  time=20 ms

What is the logic that the halo select the bricks to write to?if it is the
access time, so when I mount the volume in region A, the ping time to
brick1 & brick2 is bellow 0.5 ms, but the halo select the brick3 &
brick4!!!!

glusterfs version is:
glusterfs 3.12.4

I really need to work with halo feature, But I am not successful to run
this case, Can anyone help me soon??

Thx alot