[Gluster-users] Unable to create new files or folders using samba and vfs_glusterfs

Matt Waymack mwaymack at nsgdv.com
Thu Dec 13 15:31:08 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm having an issue on Windows clients accessing shares via smb when using vfs_glusterfs.  They are unable to create any file or folders at the root of the share and get the error "The file is too large for the destination file system."  When I change from vfs_glusterfs to just using a filesystem path to the same location, it works fine (except for the performance hit).  All my searches have led to bug 1619108, and that seems to be the symptom, but there doesn't appear to be any clear resolution.  I'm on the latest version of samba available on CentOS 7 (4.8.3) and I'm on the latest available glusterfs 4.1 (4.1.6).  Is there something simple I'm missing to get this going?

Thank you!