[Gluster-users] Heketi error: Server busy. Retry operation later.

Guillermo Alvarado guillermoalvarado89 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:43:05 UTC 2018

Hello, Yesterday I tweeted my frustration and  @YanivKaul
<https://twitter.com/YanivKaul>  suggested me to write in this list:

I Installed Openshift and I am using INDEPENDENT MODE of GlusterFS to
provide persistent and dinamyc storage. These are the vars I am using on
the openshift ansible inventory:
openshift_storage_glusterfs_namespace=app-storage
openshift_storage_glusterfs_storageclass=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_storageclass_default=false
openshift_storage_glusterfs_block_deploy=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_block_host_vol_size=600
openshift_storage_glusterfs_block_storageclass=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_block_storageclass_default=false
openshift_storage_glusterfs_is_native=false
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_is_native=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_executor=ssh
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_ssh_port=22
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_ssh_user=ocpadmin
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_ssh_sudo=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_heketi_ssh_keyfile="/home/ocpadmin/.ssh/id_rsa"
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_namespace=infra-storage
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_block_deploy=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_block_host_vol_size=600
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_block_storageclass=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_block_storageclass_default=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_is_native=false
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_is_native=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_executor=ssh
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_ssh_port=22
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_ssh_user=ocpadmin
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_ssh_sudo=true
openshift_storage_glusterfs_registry_heketi_ssh_keyfile="/home/ocpadmin/.ssh/id_rsa"

When I try to create a PVC with the next Storage class:

$ oc describe sc glusterfs-storage
Name:                  glusterfs-storage
IsDefaultClass:        No
Annotations:           <none>
Provisioner:           kubernetes.io/glusterfs
Parameters:            resturl=http://heketi-storage.app-storage.svc:8080
,restuser=admin,secretName=heketi-storage-admin-secret,secretNamespace=app-storage
AllowVolumeExpansion:  <unset>
MountOptions:          <none>
ReclaimPolicy:         Delete
VolumeBindingMode:     Immediate
Events:                <none>

I am able to create it, but with these:

$ oc describe sc glusterfs-registry-block
Name:                  glusterfs-registry-block
IsDefaultClass:        Yes
Annotations:           storageclass.kubernetes.io/is-default-class=true
Provisioner:           gluster.org/glusterblock
Parameters:
chapauthenabled=true,hacount=3,restsecretname=heketi-registry-admin-secret-block,restsecretnamespace=infra-storage,resturl=
http://heketi-registry.infra-storage.svc:8080,restuser=admin
AllowVolumeExpansion:  <unset>
MountOptions:          <none>
ReclaimPolicy:         Delete
VolumeBindingMode:     Immediate
Events:                <none>

and this

$ oc describe sc glusterfs-storage-block Name: glusterfs-storage-block
IsDefaultClass: No Annotations: <none> Provisioner: gluster.org/glusterblock
Parameters:
chapauthenabled=true,hacount=3,restsecretname=heketi-storage-admin-secret-block,restsecretnamespace=app-storage,resturl=
http://heketi-storage.app-storage.svc:8080,restuser=admin
AllowVolumeExpansion: <unset> MountOptions: <none> ReclaimPolicy: Delete
VolumeBindingMode: Immediate Events: <none>

I am getting this error message when I try to create a PVC: *Failed to
provision volume with StorageClass "glusterfs-registry-block": failed to
create volume: heketi block volume creation failed: [heketi] failed to
create volume: Server busy. Retry operation later.*

Heketi is conteinerized and I just trying to create 1 volume at time, so I
do not understand why I am getting that message.

Thanks in advance