[Gluster-users] New style replication in version 4?

JOHE (John Hearns) JOHE at novozymes.com
Mon Apr 30 09:40:38 UTC 2018

Good morning all.  I am landing here again following a spell on the list when I worked at XMA in the UK. Hello again.

I have a use case of having a remote office, which should be able to have a common storage area with a main office.

I recently worked on GPFS with AFM to achieve this at another company (not really relevant to this list).

I at first though Geo Replication would be ideal fo rthis use case, however further reading says that it is suitable for making a slave only copy

for disaster recovery. Ie. there is no 'two way' syncing of files.

Would anyone be able to comment on the New Style Geo Replication which has come along in Gluster version 4?

What is the status please, and is it a suitable method for enabling a share at a remote office which syncs either way?

thankyou

John Hearns