[Gluster-users] Bitrot strange behavior

Sweta Anandpara sanandpa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 05:53:54 UTC 2018

Hi Cedric,

Any file is picked up for signing by the bitd process after the
predetermined wait of 120 seconds. This default value is captured in the
volume option 'features.expiry-time' and is configurable - in your case,
it can be set to 0 or 1.

Point 2 is correct. A file corrupted before the bitrot signature is
generated will not be successfully detected by the scrubber. That would
require admin/manual intervention to explicitly heal the corrupted file.

-Sweta