[Gluster-users] lstat & readlink calls during glusterfsd process startup

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:20:45 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am on gluster 3.10.5 with one EC volume 16+4.
One of the machines go down previous night and I just fixed it and powered on.
When glusterfsd processes started they consume all CPU on the server.
strace shows every process goes over in bricks directory and do a
lstat & readlink calls.
Each brick directory is 8TB, %60 full. I waited for 24 hours for it to
finish but it did not.
I stopped glusterd and restarted it but same thing happens again. Why
on startup glusterfsd processes traverse brick directory? Is it
related to self heal?

This happened one time before and I somehow prevent it happening with
glusterd stop&start or some other way I cannot remember right now.

Any thoughts how to solve this issue?