[Gluster-users] how to get the true used capacity of the volume

hannannan at shudun.com hannannan at shudun.com
Thu Apr 12 03:32:47 UTC 2018

I create a volume,and mounted it, and use df command to view the volume Available and used .
After some testing, I think the used information displayed by df is the sum of the capacities of the disks on which the brick is located.
Not the sum of the used of the brick directory.
(I know the Available capacity, is the physical space of all disks if not quota,
but used of space should not be sum of the space used by the hard disk,  should be the sum of the size of the brick directory
beacuse, There may be different volumes of bricks on one disk)

In my case:
I want to create multiple volumes on some disks(For better performance, each volume will use all disks of our server cluster),one volume for NFS and replica 2,one volume for NFS and replica 3, one volume for SAMBA。
I want get the capacity  already used of each volume, but now one of the volumes write data, the other volumes used will also increase when viewed using df command.

Example:
eg1:
I create a volume with two bricks and the two bricks are on one disk. And write 1TB of data for the volume
using the df command, View the space used by the volume.
Display volume uses 2TB of space

eg2:
such as :When I create a volume on the root partition,I didn't write any data to the volume,But using df shows that this volume has used some space。
In fact, these spaces are not the size of the brick directory, but the size of the disk on which the brick is located.

How do I get the capacity of each volume in this case?

[root at f08n29glusterfs-3.7.20]# df -hT | grep f08n29
f08n29:/usage_test fuse.glusterfs   50G   24G   27G  48% /mnt

[root at f08n29glusterfs-3.7.20]# gluster volume info usage_test
Volume Name: usage_test
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: d9b5abff-9f69-41ce-80b3-3dc4ba1d77b3
Number of Bricks: 1
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: f08n29:/brick1
Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on

[root at f08n29glusterfs-3.7.20]# du -sh /brick1
100K/brick1

Is there any command that can check the actual space used by each volume in this situation?