[Gluster-users] Expand distributed replicated volume with new set of smaller bricks

Anh Vo vtqanh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:06:43 UTC 2018

We currently have a 3 node gluster setup each has a 100TB brick (total
300TB, usable 100TB due to replica factor 3)
We would like to expand the existing volume by adding another 3 nodes, but
each will only have a 50TB brick. I think this is possible, but will it
affect gluster performance and if so, by how much. Assuming we run a
rebalance with force option, will this distribute the existing data
proportionally? I.e., if the current 100TB volume has 60 TB, will it
distribute 20TB to the new set of servers?

Thanks