[Gluster-users] Upgrade Gluster 3.7 to 3.12 and add 3rd replica [howto/help]

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 04:33:33 UTC 2017

On 09/20/2017 01:45 PM, Martin Toth wrote:
> *My Questions*
> - is heal and rebalance necessary in order to upgrade replica 2 to
> replica 3 ?
No, `gluster volume add-brick voname replica 3
node3.san:/tank/gluster/brick1' should automatically trigger healing in
gluster 3.12 (actually earlier than 3.12 but I don't remember which
release the automatic healing was added on add-brick command). Ensure
that `gluster volume heal volname info` eventually becomes zero.
> - is this upgrade procedure OK ? What more/else should I do in order
> to do this upgrade correctly ?

Looks okay in theory (I haven't tried out a 3.7 to 3.12 upgrade). It
might be good to check there are no pending heals before you stop the
old nodes for the upgrade.
-Ravi