[Gluster-users] Hybrid drives SSHD on Gluster peers

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Wed Oct 11 01:05:22 UTC 2017

anybody use them on Gluster?

They seem to be almost the same cost as spinning metal these days. In
fact I was trying to get some 2.5 inch 2TB drives on a vendor and all
they had was the firecuda SSHDs or the really expensive "Enterprise"
variety.

Our use case would be for VM hosting (Rep2 + Arb). I'm not sure how the
SSD cache would pan out with the shards.

I've googled and the various responses are all over the map, but the
we noticed a difference".

And of course most of those reviews were when there was a significant
price difference.

-wk