[Gluster-users] Clients can't connect after a server reboot (need to use volume force start)

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 00:35:56 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Frizz <frizzthecat at googlemail.com> wrote:

> After I rebooted my GlusterFS servers I can’t connect from clients any
> more.
>
> The volume is running, but I have to do a volume start FORCE on all server
> hosts to make it work again.
>
> I am running glusterfs 3.12.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> Is this a bug?

Have you been able to check the logs of server processes/bricks to see why
they did not start after reboot? The reason for bricks not starting could
help in determing if this is to be treated as a bug. Normally, once
glusterd is started all necessary daemons for started volumes would be
spawned by it.

Regards,
Vijay