[Gluster-users] Upgrade Gluster 3.7 to 3.12 and add 3rd replica [howto/help]

Martin Toth snowmailer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:53:57 UTC 2017

Hi Diego,

I’ve tried to upgrade and then extend gluster with 3rd node in virtualbox test environment and all went without problems.
Sharding will not help me at this time so I will consider upgrading 1G to 10G before this procedure in production. That should lower downtime - healing time of VM image files on Gluster.

I hope healing will take as short as possible on 10G.

Additional info for Gluster/Qemu Users:
- Ubuntu does not have Qemu compiled with libgfapi support so I’ve created PPA for that :
	https://launchpad.net/~snowmanko/+archive/ubuntu/qemu-glusterfs-3.12 <https://launchpad.net/~snowmanko/+archive/ubuntu/qemu-glusterfs-3.12> (I will try to make this repo up to date)
	- it’s tested against glusterfs3.12.1 version (libgfapi works as expected with this repo)

- Moreover related to this problem - there is MIR - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glusterfs/+bug/1274247 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glusterfs/+bug/1274247> - it’s now accepted, I am really excited to see libgfapi compiled by default in Ubuntu Qemu packages in near future

Thanks for support.

BR,

Martin