[Gluster-users] Is there any performance impact in setting up every gluster client as a NFS server?

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:15:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have around 60 hosts and each of them acts as glusterFs clients as well
as server.

To achieve HA, my underatanding is that we can use Ganesha NFS alone (and
not Kernel NFS) and for above 3.10 versions, the HA packages are not ready
yet.

So, I'm thinking if I can avoid HA by making each client acts as server for
itself.

i.e.,the server name specified while mounting is localhost.

So, if a host have issues, then it won't affect other hosts and no need for
HA.

But will there be any performance impact in having too many glusterFs
servers?

Regards,
Jeevan.