[Gluster-users] Slow write times to gluster disk

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed May 31 10:56:26 UTC 2017

On 05/31/2017 07:24 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Thanks this is good information.
>
> +Soumya
>
> Soumya,
>        We are trying to find why kNFS is performing way better than
> plain distribute glusterfs+fuse. What information do you think will
> benefit us to compare the operations with kNFS vs gluster+fuse? We
> already have profile output from fuse.

Could be because all operations done by kNFS are local to the system.
The operations done by FUSE mount over network could be more in number
and time-consuming than the ones sent by NFS-client. We could compare
and examine the pattern from tcpump taken over fuse-mount and NFS-mount.
Also nfsstat [1] may give some clue.

Sorry I hadn't followed this mail from the beginning. But is this
comparison between single brick volume and kNFS exporting that brick?
Otherwise its not a fair comparison if the volume is replicated or
distributed.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/8/nfsstat