[Gluster-users] Heal operation detail of EC volumes

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Tue May 30 08:22:51 UTC 2017

Ok I understand that heal operation takes place on server side. In
this case I should see X KB
 out network traffic from 16 servers and 16X KB input traffic to the
failed brick server right? So that process will get 16 chunks
recalculate our chunk and write it to disk.
The problem is I am not seeing such kind of traffic on servers. In my
configuration (16+4 EC) I see 20 servers are all have 7-8MB outbound
traffic and none of them has more than 10MB incoming traffic.
Only heal operation is happening on cluster right now, no client/other
traffic. I see constant 7-8MB write to healing brick disk. So where is
the missing traffic?