[Gluster-users] Recovering from Arb/Quorum Write Locks

wk wkmail at bneit.com
Tue May 30 04:48:09 UTC 2017

On 5/28/2017 9:24 PM, Ravishankar N wrote:
> I think you should try to find if there were self-heals pending to
> gluster1 before you brought gluster2 down or the VMs should not have
> paused.

yes, if I watch for and then force outstanding heals (if the self-heal
hasn't kicked in) prior to shutting down a node, the write lock does not
occur. I only get the 'timeout' pause.

So I had no problem. I had an aggressive write and failure sequence and
misunderstood how and when heals occur.

So all is good.

-bill