[Gluster-users] Recovering from Arb/Quorum Write Locks

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Mon May 29 06:13:10 UTC 2017

On 05/29/2017 10:45 AM, wk wrote:
> OK, can I assume SOME pause is expected when Gluster first sees
> gluster2 go down which would unpause after a timeout period. I have
> seen that behaviour as well.

Yes, when you power off/shutdown/reboot a node, the mount hangs for a
bit due to not receiving the socket disconnect notification immediately.
Something to do with tcp keepalive timeouts which I am not familiar
with. One way to avoid this while testing is to explicitly kill the
bricks ( kill -15 <brick pid> ) on that node and then power it off. When
you kill a brick, the mount receives the notification immediately.