[Gluster-users] Quota limits gone after upgrading to 3.8

Sanoj Unnikrishnan sunnikri at redhat.com
Tue May 9 04:50:05 UTC 2017

Hi mabi,

This bug was fixed recently, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/sh
ow_bug.cgi?id=1414346. It would be available in 3.11 release. I will plan
to back port same to earlier releases.

Your quota limits are still set and honored, It is only the listing that
has gone wrong. Using list with command with single path should display the
limit on that path. The printing of list gets messed up when the last gfid
in the quota.conf file is not present in the FS (due to an rmdir without a
remove limit)

You could use the following workaround to get rid of the issue.
 => Remove exactly the last 17 bytes of " /var/lib/glusterd/vols/<
volname>/quota.conf"
      Note: keep a backup of quota.conf for safety

If this does not solve the issue, please revert back with
1) quota.conf file
2) output of list command (when executed along with path)
3) getfattr -d -m . -e hex <path_on_brick _where_limit_is_set> | grep limit

It would be great to have your feedback for quota on this thread (
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-April/030676.html)

Thanks & Regards,
Sanoj