[Gluster-users] Arbiter and Hot Tier

Walter Deignan WDeignan at uline.com
Fri May 5 17:14:01 UTC 2017

Thank you very much for the assistance.

-Walter Deignan
-Uline IT, Systems Architect

From:   Ravishankar N <ravishankar at redhat.com>
To:     Walter Deignan <WDeignan at uline.com>
Cc:     gluster-users at gluster.org
Date:   05/05/2017 11:43 AM
Subject:        Re: [Gluster-users] Arbiter and Hot Tier

Okay, just tried it in 3.9  Even though attaching a non arbiter volume
(say a replica-2 ) as hot-tier is succeeding at the CLI level, the brick
volfiles seem to be generated incorrectly (I see that the arbiter
translator is getting loaded in one of the replica-2 bricks too, which is
incorrect). I'd recommend not to use arbiter for tiering irrespective of
hot or cold tier.