[Gluster-users] How to fix heal-failed

David Squire dave at sawtoothsoftware.com
Tue May 2 19:17:10 UTC 2017

I am very new to Gluster; thank you very much for helping!

My Gluster (version 3.5.9) volume is Distributed Replicated.  When I run
"gluster volume heal my-volume info heal-failed" I get a very, very long
list of items.

How can I fix them?

There are some files and directories on the system that give error messages
when trying to use them.  One folder for example won't let me change to it
using the "cd" bash command.  It returns the error:

-bash: cd: admin: Input/output error

When I do a listing of the parent directory the problematic folder shows up
like this:

d????????? ? ?     ?         ?            ? my-directory

If I go into the individual bricks, I can see the directory and files within
it.  How do I fix it?

Thank you!

Dave