[Gluster-users] Add single server

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon May 1 19:52:30 UTC 2017

> We might also want to start thinking about spare bricks that can be brought
> into a volume based on some policy.  For example, if the posix health
> checker determines that underlying storage stack has problems, we can bring
> a spare brick into the volume to replace the failing brick. More policies
> can be evolved for triggering the action of bringing in a spare brick to a
> volume.

Something similiar to a global hotspare.
if Gluster detects some SMART issues (lot of reallocation, predictive
failures and so on) can
bring the hotspare in action, starting to replace the almost-failed disks.

If disk fails totally during the replace, healing should start from a
middle point and not from start (as some data were already synced
automatically) by using the "spare" disk as automatic replacement.