[Gluster-users] Add single server

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon May 1 19:03:14 UTC 2017

> Fair point. If Gandalf concurs, we will add this to our "+1 scaling" feature
> effort (not yet on github as an issue).

Everything is ok for me as long that:

a) operation must be automated (this is what i've asked initially
[1]), maybe with a single command.

b) during the replace phase, replica count is not decreased but increased.

[1]
Joe's solution require a distributed-replicated volume. this shouldn't
be an issue, modern servers has multiple disk bays, starting with 1
disk per server (replica 3) is fine, If I need to expand i'll add 3
disks more (1 more per server). After this, will be possible to do a
replacement like in Joe's solution. The biggest drawback is that this
soulution isn't viable for server with just 1 brick and no more disk
bays available (ie: a single raid with all disks used as single brick)