[Gluster-users] Add single server

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:13:01 UTC 2017

> Filename can be renamed and then we lost the link because hash will be
> different. Anyways all these kinds of problems are already solved in
> distribute layer.

Filename can be renamed even with the current architecture.
How do you change the GFID after file rename ? In the same way you can
re-hash the file.

> I am sorry at the moment with the given information I am not able to wrap my
> head around the solution you are trying to suggest :-(.

mine was just a POC.

tl;dr: if you can save a mapping between files and brick, inside the
gluster cluster,
you'll get much more flexibility, no SPOF and no need for dedicated
metadata servers.

> At the moment, brick-splitting, inversion of afr/dht has some merit in my
> mind, with tilt towards any solution that avoids this inversion and still
> get the desired benefits.

What is brick-splitting ? Any docs about this ?