[Gluster-users] Could we not always call lookup for root_dir in fuse_getattr to improve performance?

Zhitao Li zhitaoli1201 at outlook.com
Fri Mar 24 13:42:07 UTC 2017

Dear Amar,

Thanks very much for your kind help!

I have seen the patch you submit.

I disable the check and do regression test locally. It indeed brings a bug in "tests/basic/afr/quorum.t"(for tests/ec/, there exists failure but it is hard to reappear the failure).

For quorum test, it fails  in line_no 36. The case is that for a volume with replica 2, a brick is killed and quorum-reads is on, quorum-type is fixed. Stat on the root_dir will fail because of quorum check(afr/afr-read-txn.c). However, lookup will succeed without quorum check. This is what I have got.

So the solution maybe more complex than removing the nodeid==1 check directly.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Zhitao Li