[Gluster-users] Upgrading from 3.5.3

Matthew Kettlewell matt at kettlewell.net
Mon Mar 20 14:27:14 UTC 2017

Hello -

We have several
​G​
luster clusters, with both clients and servers running 3.5.3.

Each cluster can have several hundred clients
​​
( so client updates will be particularly difficult )

We are looking at potential upgrade paths
​ ​
that would minimize our impact,
​ ​
and give us some of the benefits of more recent versions
( most notably we've seen self-heal issues when re-adding nodes )

Is the 3.5.3 client backwards compatible with future versions, and
​ ​
if so
​ ​
how far ahead?
( ie, will the 3.5.3 client work with 3.7.x server?
​ ​
3.8? 3.9 ?)

Are there any best practices guides out there or
recommendations/suggestions for
​ ​
upgrading from 3.5.3 to a more recent version?

​Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Matt