[Gluster-users] Long response time on idle volume

Jan Wrona wrona at cesnet.cz
Mon Mar 20 12:14:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm using one volume exclusively for configuration files, therefore
there is no I/O within this volume when the cluster is up and running.
It is a replicate volume with three bricks, one on each node. Pacemaker
is used to manage services including Gluster, using the
ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem resource agent to manage mounts on the client
side. This RA offers three monitor levels (0, 10, 20), I'm having
problem with the monitor of level 20, which basically just writes a
small status file to the volume and reads it afterward. Monitoring
interval is 60 seconds and timeout is 20 seconds. Most of the time
everything work just fine the monitor operation takes about a second and
terminates successfully, but sometimes it times out (which makes
Pacemaker think that Gluster mount failed).

My question is why it suddenly takes more than 20 seconds to write few
bytes to the volume? Is there anything I can do with this (other than
prolonging the timeout)?

Many thanks,
JW