[Gluster-users] Sharding?

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Fri Mar 10 09:28:22 UTC 2017

> I haven't done any test yet, but I was under the impression that
> sharding feature isn't so stable/mature yet.
> In the remote of my mind I remember reading something about a
> bug/situation which caused data corruption.
> Can someone confirm that sharding is stable enough to be used in
> production and won't cause any data loss?

There were a few bugs yeah. I can tell you that in 3.7.15 (and I assume
later versions) it works well as long as you don't try to add new bricks
to your volumes (we use it in production for HA virtual machine disks).
Apparently that bug was fixed recently, so latest versions should be
pretty stable yeah.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111