[Gluster-users] Deleting huge file from glusterfs hangs the cluster for a while

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 09:50:25 UTC 2017

Unfortunately you'll need to delete those shards manually from the bricks.
I am assuming you know how to identify shards that belong to a particular
image.
Since the VM is deleted, no IO will be happening on those remaining shards.

You would need to identify the shards, find all hard links associated with
every shard,
and delete the shards and their hard links from the backend.

Do you mind raising a bug for this issue? I'll send a patch to move the
deletion of the shards
to the background.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS

-Krutika