[Gluster-users] internals of snaphshot restore

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:51:10 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Testing out snapshots on gluster and they work great! I have a question
about how the snapshot restore works. After I successully restore and start
up my volume, the brick directory is not the same

/run/gluster/snaps/11efcc850133419991c4614b7cb7189c/brick3/brick

And if I look in the original brick directory, the old data that predates
the restore still exists. This isn't what I would have expected a "restore"
to do. Especially since the restore operation requires that a volume be
offline, my expectation is that it would overwrite the data in the old
brick directory.

Would anyone be able to explain why it doesn't work this way?

Thanks,
Joe