[Gluster-users] Persistent storage for docker containers from a Gluster volume

Erekle Magradze erekle.magradze at recogizer.de
Thu Jun 29 10:34:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

glusterFS is working fine for large files (in most of the cases it's
used for VM image store), with docker you'll generate bunch of small
size files and if you want to have a good performance may be look in [1]
and [2].

Also two node replica is a bit dangerous in case of high load with small
files there is a good risk of split brain situation, therefore think
about arbiter functionality of gluster [3], I think if you'll apply
recommendations from [1] and [2] and deploy arbiter volume.

Cheers

Erekle

[1]
http://blog.gluster.org/2016/10/gluster-tiering-and-small-file-performance/