[Gluster-users] Change of listening ports - is it possible?

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 10:18:20 UTC 2017

On 28-Jun-2017 10:02 PM, "Rafał Radecki" <radecki.rafal at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All.

I am spawning gluster clusters in docker containers and in current
architecture for every volume we want to spawn different set of containers
possibly on the same group of servers. Ports used by
glusterd/glusterfsd/glusterfs are:

24007
24008
49152 and higher

There is a problem once I try to spawn a second gluster container on the
same server since by default i tries to allocate the same ports as above.

For ports used by bricks (49152 and higher) I found
in /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol:

option base-port 49152

But I do not see in manpage and help info of glusterd/glusterfsd/glusterfs
options to change 24007 and 24008 ports. Is there a known way to do it or
is port forwading my only option?

They are not configurable. I also don't see how port forwarding would help
you.

What works is giving a different IP to each container and that allows all
glusterd processes to bind on 24007.

Thanks!

BR,
Rafal.