[Gluster-users] Introducing minister

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 12:22:18 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Kubernetes and Openshift have amazing projects called minikube and
minishift which make it very easy to setup those distributed systems
for easy development. As the Gluster ecosystem grows, we have more
external projects which require easy setup of multi node Gluster
cluster.

Hence, along those lines, I introduce to you...minister (mini +
Glu"ster"). Please do check out the github page, it has a asciinema
demo.

Prerequisites:
1. you need docker to be installed and running on the machine.(add
yourself to docker group to not require sudo for docker commands)
2. the script might prompt for sudo password for loop back devices
creation and it requires sudo only for that part. Rest of the
operations are not privileged.

Warning:
I have worked on it for about a week now and have tried my best to
eliminate as many critical bugs as possible; but I would strongly
suggest that you try it out on a test VM than on your workstation.

The idea is to eventually integrate it with Glusto for easy test development.

Comments, suggestions and patches welcome!

[1] https://github.com/raghavendra-talur/minister

Thanks,
Raghavendra Talur