[Gluster-users] [ovirt-users] Very poor GlusterFS performance

Chris Boot bootc at bootc.net
Wed Jun 21 10:18:41 UTC 2017

[replying to lists this time]

On 20/06/17 11:23, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Couple of things:
>
> 1. Like Darrell suggested, you should enable stat-prefetch and increase
> client and server event threads to 4.
> # gluster volume set <VOL> performance.stat-prefetch on
> # gluster volume set <VOL> client.event-threads 4
> # gluster volume set <VOL> server.event-threads 4
>
> 2. Also glusterfs-3.10.1 and above has a shard performance bug fix -
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/16966/
>
> With these two changes, we saw great improvement in performance in our
> internal testing.

Hi Krutika,

Thanks for your input. I have yet to run any benchmarks, but I'll do
that once I have a bit more time to work on this.

I've tweaked the options as you suggest, but that doesn't seem to have
made an appreciable difference. I admit that without benchmarks it's a
bit like sticking your finger in the air, though. Do I need to restart
my bricks and/or remount the volumes for these to take effect?

I'm actually running GlusterFS 3.10.2-1. This is all coming from the
CentOS Storage SIG's centos-release-gluster310 repository.

Thanks again.

Chris

--
Chris Boot