[Gluster-users] does glusterfs implement vfs api ?

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 14:41:22 UTC 2017

On 06/15/2017 10:23 AM, Ilan Schwarts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does GlusterFS implement the Linux VFS functionality.
> I know its a user space FS, but user space FS should also implement VFS
> funtions.
> Is this true also to GlusterFS ?

The way I like to think about it is GlusterFS implements the Linux FUSE
API/ABI, which on Linux is integrated into the Linux VFS layer.

For Macs there is MacFUSE and *BSD have Linux FUSE capability; each is
integrated with its own FS abstraction which doesn't necessarily map 1:1
with the Linux VFS layer.

--

Kaleb